Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 1

I am pretty moderate in most of my political views. On most social issues I take the liberal side (pro-choice, let gays get married, make music not war, ect.), while with some economic issues I lean conservative, but I'm still really getting a feel for where I standl; all this politics stuff is new to me. In this election, I support Barrack Obama. I think that his philosophy of bringing change is exactally what we need to repair our economy and to get our foreign policy back on track.


I would love to think that Obama's promises of finding new, clean, renewable energy within ten years could be a reality. We desperately need to in order to take better care of our planet, to help our economy, and to break our addiction to foreign oil. However, Obama's promise is huge, and there is really no way in knowing wheather it will be successful. He has promised to pour hundreds of billions of tax dollars into research, which I have no problem with, but he has no way of being 100% positive that he will be successful. I think that Obama's plan will be more effective than McCain's in the long run, because they seem to care more. At the DNC, energy was discussed much more than at the RNC.


I trust Obama much more to end the Iraq war than McCain. Dont get me wrong, I dont think we should just pack up and leave the Iraqis alone with their new govornment, but I dont think we should be there for another 20 years. McCain says "I would rather lose this election than lose this war," but in this war there is no winning for us. Obama said that we need to get out as soon as we can responsibly, which is just what we need to do.

No comments: