Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Political Happenings 4

The inauguration is coming. I will not be there. I would not want to be anywhere near DC on that momentous day. The millions of swarming people there to see our first African American president being sworn into office will bring more than eager faces ready to witness the impending "hope" and "change" that we need. They will flood the city. Jamming every form of transportation and service available to them. It will take hours to accomplish something simple like gong to McDonald's that would normally take five minutes. The flood will bring crime. For every 10 good people out there, there is one bad one, that will seize the opportunity of millions of tourists in a strange city and capitalize on them. Thievery will run rampant. An attempt of two may be made on Obama's life. No, I will not be there.

Ill be enjoying the comfort and safety of my own home, on my big comfy couch, enjoying the inauguration on a big ole HD TV.

No comments: